Hey gang! Kates here, bringing character #2 (I know, right?) Cole
from the Dragon Age franchise. He's a spirit of compassion who's main schtick is trying to help people while also explaining his actions in an annoyingly convoluted fashion. He also might not know how to use chairs
Cole will be coming in at the tail end of the event with all the other fourth wallers and will most likely not mind the whole 'you're stuck in the carnival for a year' bit because holy shit does everybody here have hurts they need to work through. He'll be working as a game operator (sorry Psi...) but also pull double duty as a thief (sorry Childermass...)
Also! Cole has mental powers that involve mind reading and emotions reading, so PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AND FILL OUT HIS PERMISSIONS POST
right over here
so I don't step on any toes with regards to Cole just bluntly calling out your character's emotional state.
|IC FEELINGS POLL↴|
Sans account is back with a hot new opinion poll for the beginning of Lost Carnival: Season Two, because the mod account isn't paid. Below are a series of questions for all LC members, which are mostly for the purpose of giving me a general idea of what the climate in game is for these sort of situations. They are no specific indication of whether or not something is going to definitely going to happen - they are just there so I can know what I'm working with when laying out future plots and world visits.
If you have more than one character you can vote for each of them separately on each account since they may have different opinions. Any other general feedback you'd like to give can go below. I'm not sure what it'd be about, but I'm down for whatever. Brand new players are welcome to vote!
Open to: Registered Users, detailed results viewable to: Just the Poll Creator, participants: 39
What level of crisis would be required for your character to go significantly out of their way for an altruistic effort?
How does your character feel about the idea that fae all over the multiverse potentially hold mortal prisoners like the Prince does with his servants?
How loyal is your character to the Ringmaster?
How loyal is your character to the workers of the carnival?
How interested are you in having this character be enchanted/brainwashed into being a temporary villain at some point? (Let’s be real, it’s a huge fae schtick.)
What does your character want for Christmas? (Ideally general categories like "a weapon", "finery", "magic items", or a specific object from home they don't currently have.)
|ESCAPE THE PRINCE!↴|
4th Wall characters who submit an app and are accepted will be able to have their character move on from the Grand Ball log fluidly, and will not have to re-enter. Essentially, they will be joining the game as they are at the ball, though their power nerf will lift as the event proceeds. They won’t have any weapons or clothes with them that they didn’t have at the ball, but they can arrange with the Ringmaster to pick necessary items up later if absolutely required.
Essentially, the haze on their minds will lift enough that they will be able to escape with the current player characters. The specifics of the final conflict of this event are still playing out via a series of attempted infiltrations, but wherever it goes, your character is welcome to participate and move along with the plot. There will probably be a couple more twists and turns for those brought in for the ball, given that – at least at the moment – they are still the property of the Prince.
Their method of entering the carnival will be this: in order to protect the 4th Wall characters from the way the Prince has marked their souls during their kidnapping, the Ringmaster will be taking them on board with a contract in order to overwrite the Prince’s ownership of them. There will be no contract rewards for this method, because the reward is getting to not be the Prince’s slave.
Once the carnival has moved on from this event, they will go with them, and will then be assigned their carnival jobs and trailer roommates. You will probably find out this OOC information in advance of when your character does, however. Your “reason for joining” on the app can essentially just be “escaping he Prince.”
If any 4th Wallers intending on applying have questions, you can ask them down below! If you want to make sure you don’t miss any of the 4th Wall Ball plot, make sure your application is in by the end of October 22nd.
Inspired by our Lovely NPC Soundtrack
, it's a Soundtrack meme! Here's the gist:
1) Comment with your Character
2) Comment on others with songs that remind you of those characters, or songs you think would fit. (Or comment on yourself, if you have some for yourself)
GO WILD GUYS
[Way too much shit has been happening lately, from Julien's call on the radio to San's disappearance to the whole uneasy mess that was the Prince's little hunting excursion. What can Joker even do? He's the Stage Manager; this is out of his jurisdiction.]
[According to Lambert and Childermass, however, he can at least do this.]
Hello, folks. This is yer Stage Manager again, with a little reminder. We are guests here. So try ta follow the rules that have been set in place, alright? This includes at dinner, and at curfew.
I know we're all real curious, half of ya probably never even been in a castle before, but it bears repeatin'-
[And he very suddenly drops his warm and thick accent, going for something that almost sounds proper and is, thus, weird as hell coming out of Joker's mouth.]
Don't break the rules or curfew.
[Aaaaaand then it's back again.]
If yer havin' any trouble with anythin' or have questions, I'm available right now. Yer free ta come find me, over in the library. Have a good night, everyone.
[And for the love of god, don't do something stupid. He knows that's a lot to ask for, but please.]
Everyone and the 4th Wall Visitors!When:
THE 4TH WALL BALL BEGINS! This is where unapped visitors can post and roleplay. Please read the rules and setting info below. For more information and visuals refs, read this
. Questions can be asked over here.Warnings:
Individually marked! Could be a lot of things.
|THE GRAND BALL↴|
Heartstone Manor is a giant, spooky castle floating in the middle of a twilight filled void. It is the home of a Wyld Fae calling himself The Prince - and despite his name, he is a bestial creature crammed into a gentleman's clothing, completely obsessed with replicating the ideals of old timey human society, much like the 1800's. The Prince and his many servants all dress in a manner appropriate to to the 1500's - 1800's, and decorum and beauty are held sacred above all else. All the workers of the carnival are currently staying there, in the hope of enabling a successful diplomatic venture between the Ringmaster and the Prince. The Grand Ball is being thrown by the Prince to honour these guests, but his manner of doing this is going to come as a bit of a surprise.
- Powers are all partially nerfed for 4th Wallers. They can be used in small to moderate ways for the sake of RP and narrative flavour, but 4th Wallers shouldn’t generally be using any powers in a super disruptive manner. No using powers for fighting with NPCs (yet), causing general chaos, or otherwise making your character a burden to the Prince. If they try, they’ll find themselves unable to do so.
- Your character isn’t sure how they got here but they think they’re okay with it. Your character won’t remember how they were captured by the Prince at the start of the ball. They’re just kind of here and in formal wear, and something tells them it’s probably fine to just enjoy the ball. They are wrong.
- In-game characters won’t initially remember how they all ended up at the ball either thanks to a temporary amnesia effect, but they will be able to be concerned about the fact that other people (possibly people they know) have shown up, and the fact that those other people are probably the Prince’s captives. Weren’t they doing something else at the castle before this, though? It’s hard to remember. This is all very confusing.
- 4th Wall character who aren’t apping in were possibly never the real deal in the first place. There are a mixture of genuine captives and spooky replications created with magic – this is to provide some flexibility regarding 4th wall character’s states in game, as well to allow more than one of each character to be played. If there are multiple people playing the same character, then whichever one has an app accepted will have been the real one.
- No doubles of in game characters. (Taken list here.) No AUs, no CRAUs, and nothing else besides characters that have full source canons or are original characters/fandom OCs with no bearing on the canon plot. If you tag in with a character who breaks these rules we reserve the right to remove them.
|THE SETUP: 4TH WALLERS↴|
- With incredibly foggy memories of their recent past, your character will find themselves at a grand ballroom dance, filled with a mixture of normal humans and odd looking humanoids that have strange features like wings, horns, tails, fur, and the like. They have vague memories of being dressed for the occasion, but are not sure by who or why. Most disturbingly, they will find that, at first at least, they don’t really care about the details. It seems like a pleasant event, doesn’t it? Why not enjoy it.
- This effect is definitely some kind of mind control, so you can feel free to have your characters be a bit confused and conflicted about it. Ultimately, they have been charmed to participate in the dance, so they will feel like riding the wave is the best thing to do even if that wouldn’t normally be their cup of tea. If your character has resistances to some forms of mind control, they are still overruled in this circumstance.
- They may discover people they recognize (castmates) or even duplicates of themselves (somehow?), and these can all be treated as canonly occurring and played out as such. This event is canon for Lost Carnival, so it should be played seriously and respectfully – not that silly shenanigans aren’t also bound to happen.
- All characters are required to dress in formal attire appropriate to a period area – specifically anywhere from the 1500s to 1800s. The Prince prefers if people are heteronormative in their clothing choices, but if you want you can probably get away with your ladies wearing suits or men wearing dresses as long as they look presentable otherwise.
|THE SETUP: MANOR GUESTS↴|
- You find yourself at the Grand Ball without really remembering how you got here. The last few days are a foggy blur, and though you can remember some of the important stuff you were dealing with, it will feel less important right at the start. Of course, as the night goes on, memories of how the carnival reached this event will become more and more clear – as well as the inevitable worry and stress that comes with it.
- For most people, there will have absolutely no memory of anything that happened after the morning of Day 175. Did the boating trip ever happen? Possibly not. Even as the night progresses, they will still have no recollection of how most of Day 175 went, which is probably disturbing. The Mod has contacted those that are exceptions to this privately to tell them what they will remember.
- The people lost to the Manor’s security earlier in the week will be here too, but not as guests. In fact, all of them will be dressed in the black attire of a Heartstone Manor servant and will seem pretty okay with that fact. There are parts of them that look changed – and their dispositions are definitely one of them. How else could they possibly be working for the Prince now?
- Updates to the event situation will be posted down in this section below. People can react to these posts as the circumstances change, and may new top levels based on them. It is possible to try to sneak away from the ball, but Manor Security will be trying to hunt you down. There is no mandatory outcome planed to this event, so character decisions can and will have a major effect in where the plot goes from here.
- MUSIC AND DANCING: There will be music playing the whole night, and most of it is so good you feel practically compelled to dance to it. It's possible to resist, but why would you want to do that, you party pooper?
- FOOD AND DRINK: There are circle tables set up with fine silverware, and upon sitting down you will soon have a waiter come back to ask for an order. You can request basically any European cusine and it will be made for you. You will also be given drinks, most of which are alcohol, no matter your age. Fae don't care about children.
- BALCONY STARGAZING: There are balconies that are connected to the ballroom in multiple locations that you can step out onto to get some fresh air. You'll see the courtyard of the Manor down below you, but everything beyond that is black, as if the castle is floating within a twilight void. (Because it is.) One small change is that there are stars out tonight, probably added to the sky for the occasion.
- ALL NIGHT LONG: The ball will go on far into the early morning. Or, at least, until everyone fucks it up.
- Tags:!4th wall, !event, 9s, @heartstone manor, alphys, ashleigh mischief, carly nagisa, commander syrlya, foster van denend, ginko, gongenzaka, hinawa, john childermass, joker, jonathan strange, julien delacroix, lambert, lauren, papyrus, reira akaba, rin okumura, rita mordio, sans, sora, steven universe, susan, taako, tallisibeth (scout), the psiioniic, tyki mikk, yotsuba tamaki, yugo, yuzu hiragi, yūya sakaki, zecora
Who: Psi and Labor Crew
What: Change of Plans...
Where: The Dining Hall
When: Day 173, right after breakfast.
Doesn't matter who you are or what you are doing. After breakfast on day 173 Psi is hunting down members of his crew, using the radio if he has to. He's already been doing headcounts at breakfast every morning, visually checking up on everyone even if he can't ask them personally if they are alright. Headcounts mean shit to him right now, however. He's clearly stressed, has been for the past few days, but he's managed to not scream at anyone at least. That might be changing now.
"Listen to me." He says, nervously looking around to make sure no one is paying attention to them. "Evening radio check-ins are now mandatory. I don't care what you are doing, if I can't see you, I better be hearing your voice on the radio."
[ Lambert's out of better ideas. With the Warden (probably) in the Prince's hands, even if it risks panicking his more easily riled colleagues, who will almost certainly notice Sans missing at breakfast ... he doesn't have a choice.
By the time this message comes on the radio, there's only about ten minutes until they have to be harried off to breakfast, and that's pushing it. Nonetheless, he's got to make an effort: ]
Hey. I need a second opinion on this outfit. Can you come by my room?
[ However, he won't be replying on the supervisor channel even if he's questioned. Take a hint, guys! ]
[Hi, did you want a radio message at two in the morning? A minute ago Julien yelled "No!" which might have been audible in the rooms to either side.
He's very distracted but has enough of his wits now to not want to cause a panic. His human form is using the angel language he learned in Portland. Only a few other carnies understand it, and his voice has the artificial flatness of someone who's learned to speak calmly in bad situation. His breath keeps catching in a pained way, though, and he doesn't know it but he's only got a minute or so left.]
I took Reira to see me in the stable. There are wolves. They're taking us outside somewhere. Servants are not part of this.
I will try to help her. Any way I can.
It's my fault.
Day 173, the AfternoonWhere:
Heartstone Manor CourtyardWhat:
Everyone goes into the forest with arrows, swords, and horses and is told to hunt and the kill the biggest beast they can find. Best kills win a prize! Or, if you'd rather not, you can wander around the forest and pretend to hunt instead.Warnings:
Violence and ethical quandaries.
|BEASTS OF BURDEN↴|
Come the day of the Hunt, everyone will be brought to the courtyard forest and provided with arrows, bows, and blades as requested. Magic and other weaponry can be used to hunt, but it is suggested by the Prince that the best kill is the one done in a gentlemanly manner, which probably means he will be most impressed by those using the tools provided.
The "Best Kill" will be determined from a mixture or whatever beast the Prince decides is best, and the method in which it was killed. The less damage done to the body the better - tearing the body apart will receive poor grades.
The corpses are not yours to eat or keep, and all must be returned to the Prince at the end of the day for judgment.
The servants are especially nervous, tense, and solemn today, and unless they have no choice, most of them will be trying to give the courtyard a wide berth. Those that have to serve will have stony expressions, or at best will be trying to put on a cheerful face.
If casually asked why they are upset, most of them will say something vague about the Hunt making them nervous, and how dangerous it is to participate.
OOC: Those who make top levels will have a chance to be randomly selected for a couple particular plot events, so be prepared for that.
Everyone who has submitted AC will receive a comment either accepting their total or explaining what we need from them. Comment to this post or to our comment to let us know when you've made the change.
If you haven't submitted your AC at all you will need to do so within 24 HOURS or risk being wiped. Also, it's helpful if you link that submission here to let us know you've done so. Remember that you cannot spent your points on anything until your comment is passed. AC posts will be approved in the next few days - if you do not receive an approval or revision notice by then and your name is not on any of these lists, feel free to ask us what's going on in the event you've accidentally been skipped.
REMEMBER: If you are not going to submit AC, please use the drop post to let us know. Idling out of the game will bar you from entry for the next 3 months.
MISSING AC SUBMISSION↴
If you've been approved, those points are yours to spend!
⇨ REWARDS POST ⇦
[ Roughly around five in the morning, the supervisor-only channel will crackle to life with Childermass's consistently bored-sounding voice, even in the face of this particular news— ]
Tyki Mikk is missing. He failed to report back in earlier this morning and isn't in his assigned room. I've yet to check the rest of them, but I can if need be.
[ Although Zecora may have known even before now, depending on whether or not she's a light enough sleeper to know when her roommate is shadow-stepping in and out of the place. ]